Tuesday, November 10, 2009

326 - In my chest I hold stores and treasures of knowledge

"In my chest I hold stores and treasures of knowledge. I wish I could find somebody to share it with me. Yes, I found a few,
* but one of them, though quite intelligent, was untrustworthy, he would sell his salvation to get hold of the world and its pleasures, he would make religion a pretense to grasp worldly power and wealth, he would make this Blessing of Allah (knowledge) serve him to get supremacy and control over friends of Allah and he would through knowledge exploit and suppress other human beings.
* The other person was such that he apparently obeyed truth and knowledge, yet his mind had not achieved the true light of religion, at the slightest ambiguity or doubt he would get suspicious of truth, mistrust religion and would rush towards skepticism.

So neither of them was capable of acquiring the superior knowledge that I can impart."

Mola Ali (a.s) Ibn e Abu Talib (a.s)
Ref: Nahjul Balagha [ Saying # 147 (part) ]

No comments: